Hi, been missing in action for awhile. 2012 is going to end soon and I wish to post an article before the end of 31 December 2012. Just a brief update for the past few months:
1) I went some cities in Europe for a holiday avec ma bonne amie, KJL. It was fun! I had an opportunity to practise speaking french during a day trip in Florence with a french family and during my week long stay in Paris. I was soooo happy even my french ain't fantastic. Good news was, the french family and the ppl I met in Paris understood my poor french, and responded back accordingly. J'aime français! And my friend said that I am 'best' in asking for the directions to the toilet!!!!! 'Il y a des toilettes? Tourner premiere gauche or droite?' Isn't this the most important thing one need to know? hahaha... I was given the golden advice from a french librarian back in the school I am taking french lessons from. Always remember: 'Bonjour, excusez-moi, pardon, merci, désolé, s'il vous plaît...' You bet these are really useful. Below are some of the pics I took during my trip.
Paris, macarons de Laduree, foie gras (ma favorite) et CBO burger
Who can refuse them even if you are on diet? Missing lobster risotto from Florence, only 20 euros. There is no need to share too. We didn't. Hahaha... Had it twice during our three days in Florence. Amazingly delicious, c'est magnifique!
2) I passed my DELF A2 exam!! Hooray!!! Need to work hard on my oral presentation. But good thing is, my understanding of French improved based on the results. I am more motivated to continue learning french. Parler français pour moi, s'il vous plaît.
3) I made osmanthus flower jello.
Just buy any pre-mix konnyaku jelly powder and dried osmanthus flower. You can get them from Phoon Huat. Follow the instructions on the pre-mix box. As I am required to add 500ml of water to the jelly powder, I add only 1 tablespoon of dried osmanthus flower.
4) I made shortbread butter cookies again. This time round I bought dogbone cookie cutter. I'm loving my cookies cutters. Recipe can be found under cookies category, look out for christmas shortbread cookies (or click here).
5) I baked carrot cake again and tried my hands on leveling the cake. I think I improved abit. I think only. This CC is meant for another good friend of mine who requested for it. I will continue to work hard on beautifying the cake especially on spreading the frosting on the sides of the cake. Gonna get a cake turntable soon. Maybe it will help. For recipe, please click here.
Happy New Year! I wish everyone great health, live life to the fullest and may 2013 be a even better year for all of us. :) A bientôt!!