I have been watching almost every WC (World Cup) match except to miss a few (which I'm glad I miss those disappointing ones). I tried not to deprive myself of beauty sleep because of WC unless it is my Favourite Team; i.e. Brazil team playing. I waited 4 years to watch them play, no way am I gonna miss their matches. Having a slightly overdose of WC matches watching, I decided I should bake during one of my non-favourite teams WC time slot. And I decided to bake Butter pound cake. High calories count but make a nice comfort food choice.
- 1.5 cup of granulated sugar (fine white sugar), sifted
- 125g or 1 stick butter
- 1.5 cup of plain flour, sifted twice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (since my nearest supermarket doesn't sell heavy cream, I don't see any damage of excluding heavy cream)
-1/2 teaspoon of lemon essence
-1/2 teaspoon of almond essence
-1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven at 170 degree celsius. Cream the butter and sugar till fluffy.
2. Add the buttermilk and mix until just incorporate into the butter mixture.
3. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add all the flour all at one go and add the lemon essence, almond essence and vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 1 hr to 1hr 20mins or until a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave to cool completely before serving.