Brownies have always been one of my favourite desserts and that I am always exploring different recipes of brownies to get the ideal moist, heavy and chocolate rich taste. After reading through many food blogs, I decided to use the Cocoa Brownies recipe posted by Lily Ng. I simply adores her blog, each recipe is very comprehensive and makes me drool... I included chopped walnuts (100gms) and instead of cocoa powder, I used semi-sweet baking chocolates ( I needed to get 'rid' of the bags of baking chocolate chips still sitting in my mum's fridge first ) and I spreaded ganache on my brownies to cover up the cracks on them.
- 1 cup of semi - sweet baking chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 1 cup butter ( I use golden churn), melted
- 200gms semi-sweet baking chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 packed brown sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 100gms of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
-4 large eggs
1. Pre-heat oven to 300F. Butter the 8-inch baking tray.
2. Beat the eggs until fluffy and light yellow.
3. Add in both sugars and remaining ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
4. Pour mixture into the tray and bake for 45 mins.
5. While waiting for the brownies to bake, bring the whipping cream to a boil. Then turn off the heat. Add the baking chocolates into the whipping cream and stir slowly till smooth and glossy.
6. Insert a fork into the centre of the tray and it should come out clean.
7. Leave the brownies on the wire rack to cool completely, spread the ganache on the brownies' top and decorate with a peice of walnut.
I tried cocoa powder before and the brownies turned out wonderful. I will post brownies bake using cocoa powder next time. Don't forget a scoop of vanilla ice-cream to go along with the brownies. Forget about dieting, diet can always start tomorrow! =)